Friday, August 8, 2014

Hello Koinonia Families and Students,
I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know how excited I am to be working with your children. I’m Jill Williams, your student’s Art Instructor.  We have a wonderful year of Art ahead for our students at Koinonia, and I feel certain they will all develop new skills and grow artistically in their areas of interest.

Double Digit and Koinonia Students will have homework assignments with some of the lessons we cover to ensure mastery, especially in Drawing and Painting.  All of the supplies are covered with the supply fee and students will not be required to bring anything from home other than occasional props that they may wish to choose for our drawing and painting sessions.  There will be some note taking for Drawing and Painting, but everything will be recorded into their sketch books.  Students will be graded based on participation, quizzes and homework assignments.  High School students will also participate in ‘Critiques’ at the middle and end of each Semester.  I include this process for them because they will see it again if they go on to pursue a degree in art.  Even if your child isn’t pursuing Art as a profession, Critiques are an excellent way for students to learn how to discuss their work openly, and in a professional manner.

It’s my goal to help students grow in artistic ability and awareness.  Students who lack skills will see a visible improvement in their work through the course of the year.  Also, students who already exhibit skill will see their work go to the next level.  I’m excited about working with all the students with a wide range of art techniques, allowing them to really discover hidden talents and have a lot of fun while doing it.

Please let me know if your student is pursuing art after high school, as they will need assistance in producing a portfolio of their work as part of their admissions procedure.  I look forward to helping direct that process for your student as well.

Just a quick note for all my Independent Study students, please advise me on the area of interest.  It will help me best serve each of you this year once I know exactly what your needs are.

Thank you again for your interest in Art, and I look forward to working with each of you!

Blessings,
Jill Williams
Art Instructor, Koinonia of West GA

http://jillwilliams.carbonmade.com (online portfolio)

No comments:

Post a Comment